Last update: 06-03-2020
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Website. Additionally, during your stay at any of the Karisma Hotels and Resorts, we will not collect information directly from children under the age of 16 years of age and parental consent will be required for any personal information provided with respect to such children.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. We cannot always determine the age of persons who access and use our Website. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us to have the information removed from our systems.
Types of Information We Collect
We collect several types of information from and about users to our Website and guests at the Karisma Hotels and Resorts in order to provide an experience that is responsive to your needs, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, facsimile number, date of birth, gender, names and ages of children, credit card information, and information related to special requests (i.e., health conditions that require special room accommodations) ("personal information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as lifestyle information (i.e., room preferences, leisure activity preferences); and,
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Website; and,
- from third parties such as the Affiliated Parties or our other business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website or during your stay at the Karisma Hotels and Resorts may include:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided through the reservation process, at the time that you request further information or services, when you respond to a promotional offers or surveys, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your reservation requests. You may be required to provide financial information before completing a reservation through our Website.
We note that information may be collected directly from you or from third parties with whom we have a business relationship, including tour operators, travel agents, event planners, or similar providers. If you are conducting a transaction on behalf someone else, you may be required to provide their personal information as well and, we rely on you to obtain such other persons' consent or otherwise having the proper authority for disclosing their information.
Your Right for Not to Provide Information
You have the right not to provide personal information, however, if you elect not to provide such personal information, you may not be able to (i) utilize certain services on the Website, including making room reservations, providing special requests, or making other reservations online; or (ii) complete registration at the Karisma Hotels and Resorts.
Information We Collect Through Cookies and Other Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to our Website, including referring website, pages viewed, and length of visit;
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to store information about your preferences, which helps us monitor, customize, and enhance your experience on the Website or to improve the quality of your stay at the Karisma Hotels and Resorts.
The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include web tools such as cookies, web beacons, and other technology that are sent to and stored on your hard drive. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. You can set your browser to notify you when you have received a cookie, giving you the opportunity to decide whether to accept it. You have the option to reject our cookies and still use our Website, but you may not be able to access or use some of the features we offer on our Website.
Use and Disclosure of Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, as follows:
- to provide services such as processing a transaction (e.g., making a reservation, fulfilling a request for information, or completing a product order);
- for marketing and communications with you in relation to the products and services offered by the Affiliated Parties;
- to provide contests and special offers to you for your voluntarily participation; and,
- to perform market research via surveys to better serve your needs, and improving the effectiveness of our Website, your hotel experience, our various types of communications, advertising campaigns, and promotional activities.
- when we have received your consent to do so;
- in situations where sharing or disclosing your information is required in order to offer or provide you products or services you desire (e.g., a vacation package);
- when a hotel or other property leaves the Karisma Hotels and Resorts system and access to your personal information is necessary to facilitate business operations or meet contractual obligations;
- in the event we or a Karisma Hotels and Resorts property is merged or acquired by another company; and,
- in case of emergency (i.e., to safeguard the life, health, or property of an individual or to comply with the insurance companies requirements).
In addition to the circumstances described above, we may disclose information: (i) if required to comply with law or court order, or as requested by other government or law enforcement authority, (ii) or in the good faith belief that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable including, without limitation, to protect the rights or properties of us or our Affiliated Parties; (iii) when we have reason to believe that disclosing the information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing interference with our rights or properties, whether intentionally or otherwise, or (iv) when anyone else could be harmed by such activities.
If your personal information is shared as mentioned above, we seek to limit the scope of information that is furnished to the extent necessary for the performance of the specific function. Unless otherwise precluded by applicable law, we require third parties to agree to protect your personal information, abide by applicable privacy laws and regulations, and we grant to such third parties no independent rights to the personal information. We may use aggregated, non‑personal information for purposes of: (i) Website administration and (ii) to compile information about usage of our Website and services. We may share aggregated information (which does not contain your personal information) with third parties (i.e., advertisers and marketing partners).
We use various Internet tools, such as cookies, visitor counters and other diverse technologies which are sent and stored in your hard drive. Such technologies automatically obtain and record information about your use of the Internet whenever you visit our Website. The information (including your IP address, the referring website, the pages you visit in our site, and the length of your visit to such pages) informs us of how you use and browse our Website. This enables us to monitor, personalize, and enhance your experience on our Website. Such information may include personal data.
Types of information we gather and purpose:
- Statistical cookies help us understand how users interact with the Website by collecting and reporting information anonymously.[dc_gtm_UA-#, _ga, _gid, collect];
- Marketing cookies help us track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third-party advertisers. [ads/ga-audiences, fr, NID, tr];
- Other cookies are cookies that we are still under the process of classifying into types describe in subparagraphs a. or b. above;
- Cookies that are essential for the functioning of the Website.
As stated under the header “Information We Collect Through Cookies and Other Automatic Data Collection Technologies” above, you have the option to reject our cookies and still use our Website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You have the right to receive confirmation from the us on whether your personal information is being processed, you have the right to access this personal data, as well as to information on your rights. To ensure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date, we encourage you to regularly review and update your information as appropriate (e.g., in the event your home or email address changes, or you wish to add an additional method for us to communicate with you). You can review and update your personal information by contacting us at email@example.com. You can also request confirmation of how your personal information is being used. To protect your privacy and security, we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before we disclose or make any corrections to such information. If, upon review, you wish to deactivate your profile, or update your personal information, we will endeavor to do so in a timely manner, within four (4) to eight (8) weeks following receipt of your request; provided, however, that some types of information may be stored for a minimum period of five (5) years on "back up" systems or within log files, due to legal requirements of the law where the hotels and resorts are located. Therefore, you should not always expect that all of your personal information will be completely removed from our databases in response to your request.
Your Right to Opt Out
You have the right to opt-out and to withdraw your consent (i.e. sharing personal data or marketing purposes or collecting sensitive data). You can let us know that you do not wish to receive information about new products and services and special offers from us, or that you do not wish to have us share your personal information with affiliated third parties (other than to the extent necessary to fulfill your request for products or services), by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Right for Not to Provide Information
In certain jurisdictions, you may have the right not to provide personal information. However, if you elect not to provide such information, you may not be able to utilize certain services, including making room reservations, make special requests, or otherwise guarantee the expected experience in the hotels and resorts.
Your Right to Rectification and Erasure
You have the right to request rectification and completion of inaccurate and/or incomplete personal information. Your personal information shall be kept in our systems during the time needed for the performance of the registered activity of us.
You have the right to obtain from us an erasure of personal information that pertains to you. We shall erase your personal data without undue delay if:
- such personal information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or if it has been otherwise processed;
- you withdraw consent for data processing and if no other legal basis for processing exist;
- you file a complaint against the processing; or,
- personal information has been unlawfully processed.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, there are other mandatory local laws of the Karisma Hotels and Resorts that may require us to keep and retain your personal information for a minimum period as previously stated in this policy, even when you have requested erasure of the same, in order to comply with such local legal requirements.
Right to Restriction of Processing
You have the right to restrict the processing or use of personal information by us if one of the following requirements has been met:
- you dispute the accuracy of the personal information, for the period for which we are granted the right to verify the accuracy of personal information;
- the processing is unlawful and you object to the erasure of personal information and request restriction of its use instead;
- we no longer need personal information for processing, but you request the data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or,
- you filed a complaint regarding the processing of your personal and such complaint is pending resolution.
Right to Data Portability
You have the right to receive personal information which pertains to you, which you gave to us, and have the right to smooth transmission of such data if this is technically feasible.
Notification on Personal Data Breach
In case of a personal data breach which is likely to cause a high risk to the rights of an individual, we shall, without undue delay, in a clear and simple manner, inform to you on the personal data breach. Notification of the breach must as a minimum contain the following:
- name and contact information of the point of contact from which additional information can be obtained;
- description of likely consequences of the personal data breach;
- description of the measure which the point of contact has taken or proposed to be taken in order to solve the problem of the personal data breach, including as needed measures to mitigate potentially harmful consequences of such a breach.
Request for the Purpose of Exercising Rights
Upon your request, we shall provide all information regarding the above rights to personal data protection, as soon as practicable but, in any event, not less than one (1) month after receipt of the request. However, if there are a large number of submitted requests and/or complexity of such requests, we can extend the deadline for the reply to you by another two (2) months by promptly providing you with written notice of such extension, together with the reasons for the delay.
We may require additional information to verify your identity before responding to your request related to your personal information. You may exercise your rights with respect to your personal information by contacting us at email@example.com.
Technical and Organizational Security Safeguards
We recognize the importance of information security, and we are constantly reviewing and enhancing our security procedures. Our Website and servers have security measures in place to help protect your personal information against loss, misuse, and alteration while under our control.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. If you use a password for certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We ask that you not share your password with anyone.
However, you should be aware that no transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of any information you provide to us. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Links to Other Websites
Our Website may provide links to other third-party websites, which we do not control, solely for your convenience and information. Third party websites that are accessed through links on our Website have separate privacy and data collection practices, and security measures. We have no responsibility or liability for the practices, policies and security measures implemented by third parties on their websites. We encourage you to contact them to ask questions about their privacy practices, policies and security measures before disclosing any personally information.
Karisma Hotels and Resorts - firstname.lastname@example.org